IMAPSize source code released
|Posted on September 17th, 2016
After a long period of project inactivity I am happy to announce that the IMAPSize source code has been released to the public. According to the download stats, IMAPSize is still widely used for maintaining IMAP accounts. However, technologies are changing and IMAPSize is slowly becoming outdated in some aspects. As I definitely no longer have the resources to improve it or even maintain it, I have released the source code in hope that someone will be interested in improving it or at least that parts of it may be reused in other useful IMAP related projects.
The code is currently hosted in two repositories:
1) The original code that compiles with Borland Delphi 5 and corresponds to the last released version of IMAPSize (0.3.7) can be found in https://sourceforge.net/projects/imapsize/
. Setting up the project in Delphi 5 requires some old VCL components which are mostly no longer available, so they can be downloaded as a bundle from here
2) Roman Kassebaum
has adapted the original code and third party libraries
so that the project can be built with the latest version of Delphi Berlin. This version of the code is hosted on Bitbucket
. Due to the nature of changes Roman had to make, some parts of the GUI don't work as smoothly as in the original version, but this repository is a good starting point for anyone wanting to contribute to the project or experiment with it using the latest version of the compiler as it should take less efforts to setup the project.
While Delphi is a commercial product and as such may not be attractive for wider masses, with some effort and possibly limitations the IMAPSize project could be migrated to Lazarus
, an open source Free Pascal RAD IDE which has greatly evolved over the last years.
Version 0.3.7 released
|Posted on February 19th, 2009
After a very long pause, a new release is available for download from the download page
. Release 0.3.7 fixes the following issues:
- Fixed problem with negative folder size display for accounts with >2GB
- Fixed a problem where a certain type of error [Command failed: UID FETCH x (UID)] was being reported in the backup details, but not in the backup summary and was therefore easy to miss. The underlying failed UID fetches are happening intermitently, if you experience this problem please follow the instructions in this post
to help resolve the issue.
- Fixed dataDir issue described in this post
- Disabled internal development logging (debug.log). Was enabled by mistake in previous release.
- Fixed a special case of restoring failure reported in this post
(server reports the folder doesn't exist but refuses to create it with a "Mailbox exists" message).
Version 0.3.6 released
|Posted on January 8th, 2007
This release fixes annoying crashes which were occurring intermittently on some XP systems, introduced in 0.3.5.
Version 0.3.5 released
|Posted on November 19th, 2006
Release 0.3.5 is now available from the download page
with the following changes:
- Fixed problems with backups due to invalid (not RFC 822 compliant) date formats in messages
- Messages with invalid dates are no longer set to the current time in the message list, instead an old date is specified to avoid confusion
- The Save Attachments dialog now has checkboxes for prefixing the attachment filename with the current time (for uniqueness), the sender address and the message timestamp
- Messages in the Save Attachments dialog are now displayed with the message date
- The Backup filename template would not expand correctly in case an invalid Windows character was specified.
Version 0.3.4 released
|Posted on July 30th, 2006
Release 0.3.4 is now available from the download page
with the following changes:
- NEW: The format of backup files is now configurable. Please check the "Backup Filename Format" section on the backup
page for more information.
- Fixed a Namespace issue with some servers
- Fixed crashes when expunging folders without having messages displayed
- Fixed download to mbox/eml (was broken in 0.3.3)
- Running multiple simultaneous backups was causing synchronization problems in the database, so these are disabled for now (you can only run one backup at a time).
- Fixed problem with backup restore where a single message could be restored multiple times in certain circumstances.
Version 0.3.3 released
|Posted on March 31st, 2006
A new release with two important fixes is now available for download
- Fixed backup crashes caused by double quotes in message ids
- Fixed a mbox2eml conversion problem which was causing the conversion to freeze in certain situations.
- Added option to exclude the root folder from the hierarchy if the root folder is defined (Account setting)
Version 0.3.2 BETA Released
|Posted on March 14th, 2006
A new beta release is now available for download
. Changes are:
- Fixed a problem with the initial creation of the backup folder
- Fixed the cause of reported crashes during backups
- Fixed handling of folder hierarchies for UW IMAP servers
- Fixed a minor backup problem with Teamware IMAP server
Version 0.3.1 BETA Released
|Posted on January 12th, 2006
This is a bug fix release, which fixes the main problems reported for 0.3.0
- Crashed when user had no permission to create the backup folder
- Fixed several issues with the creation and usage of backup folders in certain circumstances (this is what many thought was related to spaces in filenames)
- The new mbox2eml dialog was breaking long mbox paths, causing errors
Version 0.3.0 BETA Released
|Posted on December 31st, 2005
Version 0.3.0 is now available from the download page
. Please note that this is a beta release due to several new features. Your feedback will be appreciated.
- Backup: Faster & more reliable backups, using an internal database. If you have performed backups with previous versions, please check the backup migration post in the forum
- Backup: Backups can now be invoked from the command line
- Backup: Backup folders are now preserved across program invocations
- Backup Restore: Backups can now be restored, either to the same account they were backed up from or to a completely different account (with automatic folder hierarchy replication on the new account)
- eml2mboxes feature added for converting hierarchies of eml files into mbox files
- mbox2eml: Cleaned up the mbox2eml interface. Should be much more user friendly now
- mbox2eml: Conversion results were reporting one eml less than the actual value
- mbox2eml: A warning will now be issued if an invalid mbox file is being converted
- IMAP: Fixed issues with the Janaserver IMAP server
New instructions for the backup feature are available on the backup page
. This page will be updated with more details over the following days.
Happy New Year!
Version 0.2.8 Released
|Posted on December 23rd, 2005
This is a bug fix release which resolves the annoying problem some users were experiencing during mbox2eml conversions of mbox files containing some invalid binary characters. Thanks to everyone who helped track this one down. Download
Version 0.3.0 with improved backups and new restore functionality should be out before the end of the year.